Sunday 14 April 2013

Sugar Free Week one Update

Sugar Free Week one!

Week one is just to gradually take out sugar free foods. I decided I would keep fruit but only 1-2 max a day.
some foods may still have minimal sugar eg: yoghurt but no added sugars.



Monday

Breakfast
Poached egg on vogels toast with cracked pepper

Lunch
onion flaky pastry tart
1x pear

Snack
Small handful mixed nuts
2x Rice cake crackers

Dinner
1x Flaky pastry tart
2 large pieces broccoli

Dessert
1cup greek Yogurt with cinnamon

Water=1L



Tuesday

Breakfast
Homemade muesli with unsweetened almond milk

Lunch
1 onion tart
4x rice crackers with cheese

Snack
1/3 peeled cucumber

dinner
Green string beans and corn on the cob
Water=750ml



Wednesday 

Breakfast
Plain oat porriage with cinnamon and unsweetened almond milk

Lunch
Spinach wrap with lamb and pesto

Snack
1 pear

Dinner
Homemade vegetable pie with cottage cheese

Water=1.5L



Thursday

Breakfast
2x poached eggs on vogels toast with cracked pepper

Lunch
1x Pita pocket with grilled cheese and lamb

Snack
Handful mixed nuts

Dinner
Chilli tomato soup

Water= 750ml



Friday

Breakfast
Homemade muesli with unsweetened almond milk

Lunch
Spinach Wrap with lamb, pesto, lettuce,carrot and cheese

Snack
Rice crackers with vegemite

Dinner
Chicken saute

Water = 1L



Saturday

Breakfast
Homemade Muesli with banana and fresh berries

Lunch
Turkish crusty bread with avacado

Snack
Mixed raw nuts
and greek unsweetened yoghurt

Dinner
Seafood risotto

Dessert
Lemon Green tea

water = 1L



Sunday

Breakfast
Homemade muesli with fresh berries

Lunch
Leftover Risotto

Snack
Homemade hot cross bun
(left over from easter in the freezer!)
1 berry green tea

Dinner
Homemade vegetable soup with cheese and vegetable scones

Dessert
Homemade Rice pudding  (no added sugar) with greek yogurt

Water =750ml


Overall feelings of this week:
Starting the week off I actually felt a lot better than I thought! No sugar cravings at all. Except coming into the weekend on Saturday and Sunday I experienced some sugar cravings. Maybe this was because I would usually give myself a treat in the weekend.
When I got these cravings I drank green tea which helped so much!

And I have been feeling a lot more thirstier than usual. I don't drink a lot of water usually (bad bad bad!!)
but I'm not sure if it was because of a lack of sugar or other reasons?
But next week I'm trying to aim to drink 2L water a day!!

Also today (Sunday) I had spent most of the day researching desserts for my upcoming competition!
That was not fun...

Anyway... I'm just taking each day one at a time.
I have a meal planner on the fridge, which I would highly recommend to anyone wanting to change their diet.
It lets you know what to have for breakfast, lunch, snacks and dinner. Instead of spending ages dwelling on what to eat and wondering if you can eat it or not.
It also helps when I am going to be away for the day and I can pre-pack my lunches to take with me.

If anyone has any question or wants to know any of the recipes, please ask with a comment below :)

Lets see how next week goes!!

Brit :)


P.S
I had to take one of my cats ( I have 2) to the vet on Saturday because she has an eye infection :(

Now we have to put eye drops in her eye 4 times a day!

If anyone has any tips on doing this, please share :)
I'm finding it very difficult to do :/






No comments:

Post a Comment