Monday 15 April 2013

Meat Lesson #1

My first Meat lesson for the year!! woo hoo!

okay so maybe not really "woo hoo" since meat isn't my first choice of favourite food. But... I did learn A LOT in this lesson which was great!

The dishes we made in the lesson were,

-Lamb cutlets with polenta roulade
-Shank of Lamb with Rice risotto
-Rack of Lamb
-Saute chicken chasseur with a mushroom sauce

For the lamb cutlets and rack we had to french our own rack which was a new experience for me since the racks I usually have at home are french racks.

We also had to take apart a chicken and its individual pieces for the saute chicken. (another new experience)

Shank of Lamb with rice risotto
This was the first time I had ever cooked lamb shanks and it was easier than I thought :)



Lamb Cutlets with polenta roulade
I'm not a big fan of polenta but this was a cool way of serving it :)




This is the Rack of lamb with a mustard and herb crumb and fried potatoes.

(sorry about the parmesean cheese in the background... :O )



If you would like any of these recipes feel free to leave a comment :)

Brit :)

P.S I though I'd leave you a picture of my 2nd cat Minnie





No comments:

Post a Comment