Monday 22 April 2013

Healthy Breakfast Idea!

Hey everyone

Porridge is one of my favourite breakfast for cold mornings.
It fills me up, keeps me warm and gives me long lasting energy throughout the day.

This is an amazing cinnamon and almond porridge that you must try!
 

  • 1 cup oats
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon mixed spice
  • 1 cup low-fat milk
    2 cups water
  • 1 tablespoon honey (optional)
  • 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted

    Place the oats, cinnamon, mixed spice, milk and water in a pot.
    Heat on a medium to high heat.
    You want to bring it to the boil but stirring occasionally so it does not stick to the bottom.
    Once it boils, simmer for about 3-4 minutes or until it thickens.

    Serve with Slivered almond and drizzled honey.
    I also served mine with peaches

    Enjoy!

    Brit :)




No comments:

Post a Comment