Saturday 11 October 2014

Sweet Sunday - Chocolate Brownie



This has to be one of my all time favourite brownie recipes. It's texture isn't too gooey and not too cakey. It is more like a fudge texture.
I love making this recipe for my family - it always goes down well with a cup of green tea!

I found this recipe from a New Zealand chef called Jo Seagar. The cookbook it is in is called "Jo Seagar cooks" I have so many of her cook books, she has sooo many great recipes to try.

This recipe its super easy and quick to prepare, and doesn't require much effort at all!

This is a great special occasions recipe but isn't for everyday eating as it doesn't contain much nutritional value.
If you're lucky enough to have leftovers, it can be easily frozen. Bring it out a few hours before it is required to give it enough time to thaw out. :)










Recipe
Approx 18 peices

200g melted butter
3/4 cup cocoa
2 cups caster sugar
1/4 t salt
4 eggs
1 t vanilla
3/4 cup flour
1/2 t baking powder
2 cups chopped chocolate (I used Whittakers 72% dark chocolate)

Pre heat oven to 150 degrees Celcius
Prepare a 20x30cm Slice tin with baking paper
Mix the butter, cocoa, sugar, salt, eggs and vanilla until combined. Beat until the colour lightens (about 4-5 mins).
Incorporate the flour, baking powder and chocolate - gently mix.
Pour in your slice tin and bake for 50- 55 minutes.
Once baked, cool completely in the tin so the brownie doesn't crack.
Cut once cooled ( or if you and you're guests are super impatient like my family you can attempt to cut when still warm so you can eat it straight away!)

I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as my family does!
I will be doing a few allergy friendly baking recipes in the future so keep a look out for them!

Brit  :)

2 comments:

  1. This looks so yummy- I'm gonna have to try making it!

    Rachel xx
    http://www.thedailyluxe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel-Beth :) I hope you enjoy it!
      Love your blog by the way :)
      xx

      Delete