Sunday 7 April 2013

Fish Lesson!



Fish!
Fish has to be one of my favourite meat product. It has great texture and flavour.
It is so good for you with Omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids which can help prevent heart disease, stokes, it may help prevent some cancers and is said to help minimize symptoms of arthritis!

Currently in my studies I am learning about fish. In our first lesson we made,
-Sole duglere (roll fish fillets)
-Sole meuniere (pan fried)
-battered fish...(not my favourite..)
-baked filo parcel (yummy and healthy!)
-fish stock (this was mainly so we could make a white wine veloute sauce)





Sole meuniere - this was served with rice pilaf (which is an easy simple way of making rice that is almost fail proof!)
 If anyone would like the recipe I would be happy to share - just leave a comment :)





baked filo parcel - served with a white wine sauce, tomato concass and avocado oil
I loved making this dish, since I had never tried it let alone make it!
It is actually easier than it looks to make.
In case you were wondering what is in the filo..
Red pepper, blue cod fillets wrapped in spinach and yellow pepper



Listening to while writing this blog : Philip Philips - Home

Brit :)

No comments:

Post a Comment