Sunday 18 May 2014

Sugar free Healthy "Banoffee Pie"


Lately I have been getting that sweet tooth craving that just won't go away! When this happens it is so easy just to go into the snack cupboard and find some chocolate for a quick fix. But this is not going to be an option any longer!
I have come up with an idea that will satisfy that sweet tooth but will leave you feeling free of guilt.
There are a few different variations, so it can suit everyone! It is even Gluten Free!

For this recipe you can use either Organic cream or yoghurt. Some of you may be thinking that the cream is not healthy. Personally I would rather have natural products that have fat in them over processed sugar any day. I also think the yoghurt option tastes great too if the cream isn't for you :)



Recipe


Banana

Coconut oil
organic cream or organic Pro biotic yoghurt ( I use BioFarm )
Grated (sugarfree) Dark Chocolate. The higher the cacao amount the better!




What to do
Heat coconut oil in a pan and saute bananas until they start to bring out their natural sugars and caramelise.
Take off the heat**

Whip cream until semi whipped (if you are using it)

Place caramelised bananas in your serving bowl, with cream or yoghurt on top and sprinkle your dark chocolate on top!


**If you are in a hurry you can always leave the caramel part out and leave the bananas raw :)













Let me know what you think!

Enjoy
Brit xx

2 comments:

  1. Yum!! That looks delicious :) Those are lots of my favorite ingredients, all in one place!

    http://iheartvegetables.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liz! Me too, I love the original banoffee pie so I had to come up with a healthier version ;) xx

      Delete