Tuesday 13 May 2014

Healthy Snack Ideas



Now that I'm all graduated, I have been busy working and my eating patterns haven't been as 'normal' as I would usually like. Starting early and working late nights means I have to be really prepared with my meals.
Over the last week I have been trying to work all this out and what suits me best.
Today I want to share a few snack ideas I like to have while I am on the go!



Almond. These ones were brought raw but I toasted them myself :) You can do this with any nuts. I like to buy my nuts raw. Then I have the choice of roasting them, flavouring them with a spice (paprika is my favourite!) or I can just keep them raw. Almonds are packed with healthy fats like omega-6 oils, omega-9 oils and mono-saturated fats. They also contain a good amount of calcium therefore it is a good idea to add almonds to a vegetarian or vegan's diet to assist with calcium levels.


Carrot sticks and grapes
 These two are good for the sweet tooth but are guilt free!!



I love having watermelon for something a bit different. I would usually have an apple or banana for a snack but I think it is good to mix it up a bit when you can :)
Watermelon is great to cool yourself down on a hot day!

What snacks do you like to eat?
Let me know in the comments below!

Brit xx

4 comments:

  1. Love your post :) Im going to have to try almonds with paprika- sounds lush and will hopefully stop me eating crisps!

    thedailyluxe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel-Beth! I hope you enjoy them with paprika! If you have smoked paprika you should try that too! :) xx

      Delete
  2. Great snack ideas! I'm always trying to find more options. I never thought to pair paprika with almonds, I'll have to give it a try! :)

    Erika
    http://erikasstylediary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Erika! Yeah I'm always trying to find new ideas for snacks, otherwise I'll just stick to the same stuff and get bored!
    I hope you like it just as much as I do! xx

    ReplyDelete