Friday 22 May 2015

Baked Kidney Beans in home style basil tomato sauce with Parmesan eggs





It is coming into comfort-food season here in New Zealand. I have been craving food that will warm me up and completely satisfy my hunger.

I can guarantee that this protein packed recipe will take those tummy rumbles away and leave you feeling warm and nourished.

This recipe is an 'all day' recipe. Try eating it for breakfast, lunch or dinner!



Baked Kidney Beans in home style basil tomato sauce with Parmesan eggs


Pre heat oven to 180 C


1 T coconut oil
1 sliced onion
2 roughly chopped tomatoes
1 can chopped tomatoes
1 can red kidney beans
2 t paprika
approx 8 basil leaves chopped
4 eggs
4 T grated Parmesan
1 t cracked pepper


In an oven safe fry pan, saute onions in oil over a moderate heat.

Once onions are cooked, add all tomatoes, kidney beans and paprika.
Leave to simmer at a moderate heat stirring frequently for about 10-15 minutes.

Mix through chopped basil and cracked pepper.

Crack eggs randomly on top of everything.
Sprinkle Parmesan on top of eggs.

Place in oven for 6-8 minutes to cook the eggs.

Remove from oven. Serve while still hot.

Enjoy! 







9 comments:

  1. This looks so yummy! That last picture is definitely recipe book worthy. I will be giving this a go tomorrow I think :)

    Shannon xo | http://lotsofloveshannon.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shannon! I'm still a bit of an amateur at taking photos! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did! :) x

      Delete
  2. very nice!

    http://www.itsmetijana.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. this sound delicious It has everything I love, I know a similar italian recipe call, "ova in purgatorio" but this one look so much better! I am going to try it soon!! thanks lovely.
    Glamoury Armory Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind comment Arely Munoz! :) I will have to look up the ova in purgatorio recipe! :) x

      Delete
  4. woww great look
    http://beautybeybi.blogspot.com.tr/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi lovely, just wanted to wish a perfect weekend,xx
    Glamoury Armory Blog

    ReplyDelete