Saturday 26 April 2014

Kiwi Fruit Jam Recipe - Easy



I recently put a photo on Instagram of Kiwifruit Jam I made a while back. I was taught how to make this in chef training while we were making bread.

Lets talk a wee bit about kiwi fruit.
In New Zealand we call them "kiwi fruit" but from my understanding the rest of the world seems to call it a "kiwi" ?? So just to clarify I am making a "kiwi Jam" for everyone outside of NZ! :D
We usually refer ourselves as 'kiwis' over here because one of our main national icons is a bird called a Kiwi. I hope that wasn't too confusing!


Back to the Jam!



Recipe

1 kg Kiwi fruit
1 Cup water
Juice of half a lemon
900 g white sugar


What to do

→Peel the kiwi fruit and wash.
→Chop the fruit into a pan then add the water and lemon juice.
→Simmer until the fruit is tender, then mash it ans stir in the sugar.
→Bring to the boil and boil fast until it sets.

→Bottle in jars


You can enjoy this Jam on your morning toast, sandwiches, or serve on scones with jam for a bit of a change!


Enjoy 

Brit xx



No comments:

Post a Comment