Tuesday 31 March 2015

March Favourites!



This month I have few favourites I want to share with you all,

Favourite Food

Blue river Halloumi



This stuff is seriously amazing. I'm not usually into cheeses, but this is one of a kind.
If you aren't familiar with Halloumi, it is the cheese you can fry or grill and doesn't melt away like you would expect most cheeses to do because it has a higher melting temperature.  I always hear people say that Halloumi is the 'squeaky cheese' because it can kinda squeak around your teeth, a bit like chewing gum...
But this is the one Halloumi that doesn't. It crisps up with a nice golden brown colour when you fry it and it tastes great!

I usually add it too my salads or as a side with dinner. I think is a great idea for anyone looking for a non meat alternative in their diet since it is high in protein.




Favourite Treat

Watermelon cake

 This was actually made in February, but I just wanted to share it because I was pretty happy with how it turned out.
I saw a watermelon cake on pinterest a few year ago and I had always wanted to make one ever since. I was never really sure how it would turn out and thought the cream would just run off the watermelon and it would just be a big watery mess. But I tried it for my birthday and it worked! It is definitely the quickest and easiest cake I have ever made. I'm sorry for the rushed looking photos, but everyone was in a hurry to eat it so I took a quick few snaps to show you. 







I used a whole watermelon with the skin off. Then decorated it with whipped cream, strawberries, blueberries and grated dark chocolate.  So if you want to make a 'cake' that is flour-less and refined sugar free, here is your answer! 



Favourite Read

This year I'll be doing a bit of travelling - I can't wait! So I have been doing a bit of research on some of the places I will be visiting. The lonely Planet Travel guides are great if you don't know a lot about the places you are visiting! I'm bit of a beginner when it comes to travelling, but these books are helping me a lot!






Update!
Brit Bakes is now on facebook!

Check out Brit Bake's facebook page here and give it a bit of a like if that's your thing :)



What were your favourite things in March? Hope everyone enjoys April!
Brit :)


No comments:

Post a Comment