Tuesday 14 May 2013

Dessert Competition!

Hey everyone!

Incase you didn't know, I'm a full time cookery student. This year I decided to enter in a competition like I did last year!

I entered the following categories:

-Chocolate Fantasty
-Decorated Gateaux
 


Chocolate Fantasy:
In this class the criteria was that it had to be atleast 50% chocolate.

I gave my dessert a theme of:
The 3 Elements : Earth, Air and Fire
Earth: Pistachio Macaroon filled with white chocolate rested on a pistachio crumble

Air: White Chocolate Panna Cotta with homemade lemon jelly

Fire: Dark Chocolate hazelnut tart

Looking at my dessert now, I regret my portion sizes - especially for the tart! But I'm learning from my mistakes :)





Decorated Gateaux

This had to be a decorated cake that had more than one layer

My layers were:
Base: Cocoa crumb base
Dark chocolate Hazelnut ganash
 Moist Chocolate Dream cake
Berry bavarois



These pictures were taken at about 1am in the morning when I had just finished decorating the cake - sorry for the bad lighting!

Let me know what you think! Just leave a comment :)

Brit :)

No comments:

Post a Comment