Saturday 11 April 2015

Tropical Smoothie - Pineapple, Passion fruit and Banana


So it's coming to the end of the pineapple season with this colder weather approaching. But I'm not quite ready to say goodbye just yet...!!

Pineapple is a great fruit as it is sweet and juicy which makes for a delicious snack.  Pairing it along with passion fruit, it makes a tasty smoothie which is high in vitamin C. Vitamin C is an essential vitamin for our bodies and provides lots of health benefits such as, helping fight infections.




There are endless possibilities when it comes to smoothies. I love trying out new combinations and testing what works and what doesn't! I usually put banana in my smoothies to thicken it up and make it a bit more fulling. 





Recipe

Serves 1

1 banana
1/2 cup pineapple
1 passion fruit
approx 6 grapes ( I used green grapes )
1/2 cup any type of milk (I used whole organic)

Half the passion fruit and scoop out the flesh.
Blend all ingredients in a blender, food processor or any kind of smoothie maker you may have.

I garnished my smoothie with pineapple, mint leaf and with spare passion fruit flesh.

Enjoy!

Brit :)



2 comments:

  1. this looks so good, going to try making my own version!

    danielle | avec danielle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Danielle! I hope you enjoy it :) Love your blog by the way!

      Delete