Thursday 16 April 2015

Peanut and Sesame Soba Noodles


Noodles, Noodles, Noodles!

I hardly ever eat noodles. But I wanted to try something different for dinner.
The good thing about this recipe is you can just add any vegetable you like to it. I chose soba noodles because they are quick to cook and I was in a hurry and hungry!
Soba noodles are made from buckwheat flour and are more of a grey colour compared to spaghetti noodles we are used to.
To be honest, the first time I tried to make this, it failed...I added too much peanut butter and it was just a cluggy chunky mess!...But I have changed the recipe so it works for you :)





 Peanut and Sesame Soba Noodles

Serves 3-4


Ingredients

1 T oil (I use coconut)
1 onion - thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic - crushed
1 capsicum - thinly sliced
1 large or 2 small carrots cut into julienne (long thin strips)
270 g Soba noodles
1 T sesame oil
sesame seeds to garnish

Sauce
1 T Sesame oil
1 T soy sauce
2 T Sweet chilli sauce
75 g crunchy peanut butter

Method


Mix all sauce Ingredients together.

In a fry pan, saute onion, garlic and capsicum in oil.

Prepare noodles according to packet instructions.
(I boiled a saucepan of water then added the soba noodles to the boiling water for 3 minutes.) Drain and refresh with water and mix through 1 T sesame seed oil to prevent from sticking.

Add carrots to the onion mixture and stir.
Add sauce and noodles and mix together.

Garnish with sesame seeds
Serve immediately

Enjoy!







No comments:

Post a Comment